Baltic Odyssey - Creating a Common Historical and Cultural Space
within grant No. PLRU.01.01.00-RU-0104 / 18-00 dated August 23, 2019 of the Cross-Border Cooperation Programme Poland-Russia 2014-2020
About the project
Lead partner (beneficiary): Administration of the municipality of Zelenogradsk Town District Authority
The project "Baltic Odyssey - Creating a Common Historical and Cultural Space" is being implemented under grant No. PLRU.01.01.00-RU-0104 / 18-00 of August 23, 2019, of the Cross-Border Cooperation Program Poland-Russia 2014-2020.
1) Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University 2) Scientific Association "Pruthenia" 3) Kaliningrad public organization "Center for historical reconstruction "Kaup" 4) Municipality of Olsztyn 5) Museum of Archeology and History of Elblag
Duration of the project
September 01, 2019 – August 31, 2021
Project budget (for IKBFU)
134,175.00 euros (including the amount of the grant - 120,757.50 euros)
PROJECT ACTIVITES with the participation of IKBFU
1) Preparation and holding of three workshops ("Prussia Design") for students to preserve and promote the historical and cultural heritage of the territory of the former Prussia.
Workshops will be held in Kaliningrad with the participation of Russian and Polish participants. One workshop is planned to be held in Olsztyn (Poland). Each workshop must be attended by at least 30 people. As part of the workshops, participants will be trained in the digitization of archeological objects, their presentation in virtual visualization, the use of digital technologies for subsequent restoration and restoration work.
Dates of the event: October 2019 - March 2020; September 2020; November 2020, April 2021
2) Preparation and conduct of an expedition of student historians to places of the First World War (in the Kaliningrad Region and the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship of Poland).
The expedition is planned as an event preceding the preparation of the catalog of monuments and places of the First World War, as well as the educational part of the project, uniting students from Russia and Poland, and forming a single historical and cultural space of the border territory of Poland and Russia (former Prussia).
Dates of the event: April - September 2020
3) Preparation and publication of a catalog of objects and monuments of the First World War (in the Kaliningrad Region and the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship of Poland)
The catalog is planned to be published in 3 languages (Russian, Polish, English). It will be colored, popular science, aimed at the development of tourism in the border region.
Dates of the event: October 2019 - June 2021
4) Archeological excavations in the Kaliningrad region.
Event Dates: October 2019 - November 2020
5) Preparation and organization of a permanent exhibition at the IKBFU archaeological sites as a result of excavations.
Dates of the event: September 2020.
6) Holding an intermediate conference on the results of the project.
This section of the website has been created and is maintained with the financial support of the European Union and the Russian Federation as part of the Russia-Poland Cross-Border Cooperation Program 2014–2020. Its content is the sole responsibility of the Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University, cannot be considered as containing the official position of the Russian Federation on any issue, and under no circumstances can be considered as a reflection of the position of the European Union, the Governing Body or the Joint Technical Secretariat of the Cross-Border Cooperation Program Russia-Poland 2014-2020.